We have teamed up with Whirlpool & Catherine Fulvio bring another great recipe – Cheesy Pancetta and Thyme Bread Rolls.
Catherine only uses Whirlpool Absolute Ovens with 6th Sense Technology at home and in her Ballyknocken Cookery School.
The unique 6th Sense Technology featured in Whirlpool ovens allows you to select the correct elements to give the best possible cooking performance .
- Pyro Clean – This is a self cleaning feature on the oven.
- Forced Air – With this function you can fill the oven with many different dishes, e.g. Garlic Bread, Apple Pie, Roast Chicken etc all at the same time and there is no mingling of flavours or smells. The oven pulls the air towards the fan element at the back and burns off any smells.
- Dough Proving – This function will prove 1kg of dough per hour.
- Keep Warm – This will keep your dishes warm without drying it out for up to 4 hours.
- Soft Close Door – The door will not slam, reduces damage to the hinges and glass, also very beneficial for baking soufflés etc.
- Telescopic Rails – the consumer does not have to lift the trays from the oven when checking dishes.
Cheesy Pancetta and Thyme Bread Rolls
Makes 12 rolls
There is nothing better than homemade rolls – fresh and slightly warm. These are baked in a circle so that you can pull them apart but baking them individually is also great.
- 2 tsp quick action dried yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 450g strong white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml warm water
- 100g diced crispy pancetta
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Egg wash (1 egg with 2 tbsp water)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Preheat the oven setting to dough rising. Line a large 23cm flan tin with parchment.
- Place the yeast, flour, sugar, salt, cheese and thyme into the bowl of a mixer, attach the dough hook, turn on the machine and mix well until all combined.
- Add the olive oil and enough warm water to form dough and “knead” for about 5 minutes until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the oven to rise for about 1½ hours or until doubled in size.
- Remove from the oven.
- When the dough has risen, remove the wrap and knock back (press the dough firmly to remove the air) and place on a floured or oiled surface to knead lightly for 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the pancetta and sundried tomato and knead lightly again. Divide into 12 equal portions and shape the dough into rolls by roll each ball with the palm of your hand on a lightly floured surface.
- Place 9 dough balls on the outer edge of the flan tin and 3 in the centre. Flatten the rolls slightly with your hand and cover lightly with oiled plastic wrap and leave in the oven to rise until almost doubled in size.
- Take out the oven and change the setting to preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in a preheated oven to bake for about 20 to 22 minutes until golden in colour and “hollow” when tapped on the base.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tip: To form bread rolls – place the shaped dough balls 5cm apart on a parchment lined baking tray, leave to rise until doubled in size, flatten slightly with your hand, brush with egg wash and bake for about 16 to 18 minutes.